The Journal of Prolotherapy is making more Prolotherapy Research available as free full access
As published in the journal and announced in the Getprolo Prolotherapy information newsletter, a group lead by Ross Hauser, M.D., examined the role of Prolotherapy and other non-operative treatments of Cervical Radiculopathy.
Cervical radiculopathy often produces agonizing neck pain, a burning sensation, along with numbness radiating down the arms, shoulder blades, and back, or up into the head.
The authors discuss cervical radiculopathy from the position of a Physiatrist, chiropractor, and physical therapist. Each author reviews case studies and techniques utilized in order to successfully treat patients presenting with cervical radiculopathy.
Read the the paper at the Journal of Prolotherapy
Prolotherapy Newsletter – Ross Hauser, M.D.
● A Pinched Nerve in the Neck? About once every two weeks a patient comes in worried because they believe they have a pinched nerve in the neck. Typically they have had an MRI which some some degenerative arthritis and degenerated discs in the neck and they have tingling in the arm and hand. So is this cervical radiculopathy or is this just a referral pain from the upper thoracic area. How do you tell?
● Arthrofibrosis – Scar Tissue – Prolotherapy We had a patient came in because they called another Prolotherapy office and the Prolotherapy doctor didn’t want to treat their arthrofibrosis. Arthrofibrosis is a term that can be broken down to ‘arthro’ meaning joint and ‘fibrosis’ meaning scarring; thus, arthrofibrosis means a joint is full of scar tissue. In such a situation the person has a tremendous decrease in range of motion of the joint(s) involved.
For the Athlete
● Back pain in athletes
● The shoes you wear can affect knees and joints in arthritic patients
● 400 meter sprinter with lis franc injury needs Prolotherapy
● Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Prolotherapy for Athletes
● Gold Medalist or Weekend Warrior – Prolotherapy can be the answer
Enhancing Healing Through Diet
● 10 substitutes for drinking diet soda
● More Energy with the Hauser Diet
● Should you be following a high protein diet?